Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Emmy Predictions

I have a really substantial Fall movie and TV show preview I'm working on, but today it occurred to me that the Emmys are this weekend, so this post takes precedent. I write this post as a simple prediction of ALL the Emmy winners, regardless of whether I have any clue what I'm talking about or not. I can only hope to do any where near as well as I did at the Oscars getting about 20 out of 25 correct (and I totally out-thought a couple of them too). Whether you think that's impressive or not, I assure you, I could have made a lot of money betting on the Oscars if I'd done that well. But this is about the Emmys, so here we go. (These are in the order I find them on the Emmys website).

Best Actor in a Miniseries: David Oyelowo. My reasoning here is simple: he didn't win the Oscar. I have no clue about any of these movies and shows so my guess is as good as yours.

Best Actress in Miniseries: Emma Thompson. I'm going away from the AHS norm on this category, because the nominations went away from the AHS norm. It'd be cool to see Sweeney Todd win.

Best Actor in a Comedy: Jeffery Tambor. The popular pick is Louie C.K, but from what I've heard, he's lost some steam. Tambor did really well earlier this year and I think his hot-button transgender performance will get him the win.

Best Actor in a Drama: Jon Hamm. I want very badly for Jeff Daniels to win this one, but I suspect they'll give it to Hamm as the Mad Men hold over. If I picked the award, I'd probably go Kyle Chandler. Seriously, this category is tight.

Best Actress in a Comedy: Amy Poehler. Tough call between new comers (Amy Shumer) and holdovers, but since I picked Hamm, I might as well pick his similar-situation female counterpart.

Best Actress in a Drama:Robin Wright. I don't know, but she's won before.

Best Production Design: The Oscars. Who really even understands this category? I mean, really.

Best Children's Program: Girl Meets World.

Choreography: I'm not stooping so low as to pick one dance episode over another. I have standards.

Best Cinematography in Miniseries: Houdini

Best Comedy: Silicon Valley. This is a long shot, but I think the reign of Veep has to end sometime. I want it to be Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, but I doubt it.

Best Writing for Comedy: Veep. It only seems normal that they would win something.

Best Writing for Variety: Last Week Tonight by John Oliver. What? Did I just pick NOT John Stewart? Yes, I did, because John Oliver has hit another level of relevance as of late (and seriously it is just the best show).

Best Commercial: I don't care.

Best Directing for Comedy: Silicon Valley.

Best Directing for Variety: Colbert Finale (or I assume it was the finale).

Best Directing for Drama: Game of Thrones (one of them, probably Mother's Mercy). I still can't believe Hardhome wasn't nominated.

Best Directing for Miniseries: AHS.

Best Directing for Variety Special: SNL 40th.

Best Documentary: The Jinx

Best Drama: Better Call Saul. I just don't believe in House of Cards. I'm sorry, but I don't. I think the recognition of Odenkirk as Best Actor nomination gives them a real shot at this upset. Lets not forget how beloved Breaking Bad was (even last year against True Detective).

Best Technical Direction: Letterman. How am I supposed to know? No one predicts these categories.

Best TV Movie: Nightingale.

Best Composition for Miniseries: AHS.  But what an eclectic group of nominees.

Best Composition for Drama: House of Cards.

Best Original Music and Lyrics: The Oscars.

Best Variety Special: SNL 40th.

Best Supporting Actor in Comedy: Tituss Burgess. This should be a landslide, but who knows.

Best Supporting Actor in Drama: Jonathan Banks. Ben or Peter would also be good picks.

Best Supporting Actress in Comedy: Allison Janney. I think she won last year so...yeah.

Best Supporting Actress in Drama: Uzo Aduba.

Best Sound Editing: Game of Thrones: Hardhome. Seriously, this had BETTER win. Also there are a LOT of Emmys.

Best Writing for Drama: Mad Men: Person to Person. It was the finale.

Best Writing for Variety Special: SNL 40th. I don't like Louie, so I pick him.

Best Documentary: Citizenfour

Best Sound Mixing for Non fiction: Going Clear.

Animation Achievement: Over the Garden Wall.

Best Casting for Miniseries: AHS.

Best Costumes for Special: I didn't know that was a thing.

Sound Editing: Houdini.

Title Design: AHS. Also, I'm glad that award exists.

Hairstyling: AHS.

Main Title Music: Penny Dreadful. Surprised GoT isn't there.

Music Direction: Oscars.

Documentary: Going Clear.

Cinematography for Doc.: The Jinx. (They'll win the other ones too, I guess.)

Best Special Effects: Game of Thrones.

Best Animated Program: Over the Garden Wall

Best Casting for Comedy: Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

Best Casting for Drama: Orange is New Black

Okay. I'm saying enough is enough. That's almost 50 predictions, so way more than you'll find from anyone else on the internet. That's all I've got. Have fun watching the Emmys!!










No comments:

Post a Comment