Saturday, April 18, 2015

A Fan Theory

I really apologize for the delay between posts. Life has been busy in terms of school. I promise you that I have a few thoughts brewing for posts in the near future, but they aren't ready quite yet. So instead today I'll share a fan theory I came up with a while back relating to How I Met Your Mother and Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog.

Barney Stinson and Dr. Horrible are the same person. It is a well-established fact that Barney has a blog on HIMYM, but that blog is shrouded in mystery and only alluded to occasion. This blog is Dr. Horrible’s same blog. You see Barney/Dr. Horrible only had one love in the world: Penny. But because of Captain Hammer, he never got to share his true feelings. He hides and compensates for this loss by putting on the persona of a playboy, but he is only masking his insecurities.

Bonus: One time the blog is mentioned is in the episode “Rebound Bro”. This aired before Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog. The blog is then mentioned twice in close succession two seasons later one time making repeated reference that the blog is “getting better”. The only logical conclusion is that after the events of DHSAB, Barney/ Dr. Horrible can now produce a higher quality blog based on his connection to the Evil League of Evil as well as his growing evilness. 


Conclusion: Barney loved Penny deeply and was devastated that they couldn’t be together so he masked this devastation with tons of meaningless sex, which increased on HIMYM shortly after DHSLB aired. Barney is Dr. Horrible.

I say this mostly for entertainment purposes, but I really do believe this to be a very valid fan theory. I love fan theories and will continue to share them and evaluate them from time to time. For now that's all I've got, but expect a post on superhero movies in the next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment